Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Owner of IT consulting/services company.
59725966

The message I'm getting ois "install ink cartridge and press

Customer Question

The message I'm getting ois "install ink cartridge and press OK". I did that and I'm still getting this message. I assure you the cartridge was installed correctly.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Office Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have an HP fax 2140 and I just bought the replacement ink cartridge. The number is ***** and it fits in perfectly. I'm just getting a message telling me to install the cartridge.
JA: Is there anything else the Office Equipment Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Office Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc). What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.Then reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?