Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.

Pearl. I have a Borther

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have a Borther MFC-7860DW printer. It will not scan. It says "Check Connection" I tried entering the WIFI credentials and it said "connected" but it is still not working. I have also reset it twice and reset my wireless router
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No thats it. thanks for the help
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Viet - Office Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is printing currently working fine?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?So if you shut down / restart the computer, it still cannot scan right?When you open the ControlCenter program on the computer, and use it to scan, is there any error or message?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello - Thanks for the questions but it just kind of started working. Can I receive my deposit back?
You're welcome. Great. Did you have to shut down / restart the computer for scanning to work? I'm glad you got it working now. Do you have any other computer question / issue I can help with today? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure what did it. I just power cycled everything involved and it seems to be working.That's my only issue for now. Thank you
OK, we are canceling this for you. If you need anything else, please come back any time. Thank you for the update.