Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Won't work. Keeps saying to place copy on scanner and press

Customer Question

Won't work. Keeps saying to place copy on scanner and press start. Nothing happens
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.Just to be clear, when you press the Start button, what occurs?I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is a copier, fax and scanner machine. I just made color copies, and wanted to scan another document to email. I went thru the various questions, (email, auto detect, etc.) then it says to place copy on the glass and press start, which is what I did. Then it just keeps asking me to place the copy on the glass and press start.
Has the machine ever been able to scan to email?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Often times, faulted cache in the device's memory can cause faults. Please, unplug the power to the scanner, plug it back in, turn it on, and try once more to do what you need to do. Was there any change?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. Same thing.
I have run out of ideas.For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.Thank you for your patience. - Jason
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It has now been 45 minutes, I will wait only 15 minutes more. Then I must go......have an appointment.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't wait 24 hours. If no correct solution in 15 minutes, please cancel the order.