Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.

I recently purchased a Brother Scan 'n Cut machine - Model

Customer Question

I recently purchased a Brother Scan 'n Cut machine - Model CM350.It seems to be working fine except for one problem. As part of my personalized golf ball marker business, I put quarter-sized images on ballmarkers. Until now, I've used a punch to cut the images. I thought your product could make this process a lot easier.But each time I've tried your product using matte photo paper, the cut is never precise enough for my purposes. For example, after the cut, the bottom half of the circle is fine. But there is always a small unsightly area (about 1mm) outside the photo top that appears on the final product. Of course, I could trim this unwanted area off with scissors, but that would be very time-consuming, and I would be better off going back to the punch.Do you have any thoughts on how this problem can be overcome?Tom ****************
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
Hi good morning Tom,sorry for the delay.It is a pretty accurate unit and you really shouldn't have this issue. They aren't perfect.But how old exactly is your Scan n Cut?Tech Michael
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I purchased it about two months ago but have used in only a few times.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I actually called Brother Customer Service and a lady there suggested I change the setting from gray scale to color. And that seems to have corrected the problem.
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
Hey thats great!In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day! Tech MichaelRating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Michael,I didn't rate your service because I haven't yet received a service from you that I can rate. Also, from what I read about how this works, if I express satisfaction with your "service" my credit card will automatically be charged $45, which is not appropriate under the circumstances.It turns out that the suggestion I received from the customer service rep at Brother solved the problem at first, but not since then, although there has been some improvement. If you can tell me how this problem can be fixed permanently (and I don't mean take it to a repair facility, return it to the manufacturer, etc. ) I will gladly pay the advertised $45.Tom
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
Hi I think you may have a few things incorrect there. It should cost about $18.00. I am an independent technician and I only receive credit for my time If you rate kindly.It doesn't mean you would be charged for that. I will place a request for a refund to Customer service for you please have a great day and please rate kindly so I am credited for my time is all ;-)Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I honestly cannot rate your service. I can't call it "excellent" or "bad" or anything in between because there has been no service. Asking me how old my machine is or telling me the machine is not perfect is not a service. Your organization says there is no charge unless the client is satisfied. How can I be satisfied or even dissatisfied if no service was rendered? But you did spend a few minutes responding to me and I'm willing to pay you something for it. Please email me your full name and address, and I'll send you a check.
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
Hi Tom, I am only a Tech, I worked for you and gave you the best info I could by speaking witht he company rep on your behalf.I can not send you any personal info its not allowed.The only way I can be credited for my time with you is if you rate kindly. Otherwise it goes against me as bad service and I have been here for over 9 years and dont have many of those thankfully. Thanks for understanding Tom. Have a great day and if there is anything else i can add to this for you I will just let me know what more you require?Thanks again TomSincerelyTech Michael