Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.

I have a Canon imagerunner 1023if. It is stuck in the copier

Customer Question

I have a Canon imagerunner 1023if. It is stuck in the copier mode and the only way I can get it to stop is to unplug it.
I have hit the Stop..On Off and it will not stop trying to copy.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. After you unplug the Canon IR1023IF, and you start it up again, eventually, what mode is it in, and what does it show/do ? that, to me, is the important point here. It may perhaps be that the power-save mode is locking up, and that makes it seem to be stuck in Copy mode. Having the process of going into Power-Save mode, result in a lockup or curtailing of functions, happens not very rarely, and is best countered or dealt with, by disabling Power-Save in the settings. This sort of thing is usually a circuitry defect. I would recommend examining the outlet you power the Canon IR1023 through, to make sure it has a good ground. I would also recommend placing the Canon IR1023 on a surge protector, to provide filtering of power spikes and surges out of the Canon IR machine's power. This might help it - or its successor in its place - achieve greater stability in operation and a longer working lifetime. A surge protector is an investment that always pays off in the long run.