Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years of Experience in Computers and Electronics. Office Equipment Expert.
23511658

On my Xerox 8700 printer, I'm getting this message: "call

Customer Question

On my Xerox 8700 printer, I'm getting this message: "call for assistance quoting Error Code 091-721" -- what could that mean? This machine has been running great; I just did a manual image overwrite, then this error message appeared.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did you send me an answer? I haven't seen it
091-720 and 721 are Printhead Tilt Fault
A Printhead Tilt error has occurred. The following troubleshooting procedure applies to this
error.
I suggest you look for ink spills or/and obstructions around the printhead.
It can also be caused by a bad pribthead.
printhead
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I found that "printhead tilt error" through an internet search, but it's illogical in this context, that's why I sought the advice of a copier expert. The printhead tilt error is a serious mechanical malfunction in the machine; basically it means you throw the machine away. This message popped up during a very minor bit of clean-up on the printer's hard drive; there were no mechanical functions taking place. So I'm pretty sure the error message is spurious, and I'd like to find out how to clear the message so I can continue to use this fine piece of machinery!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I added information yesterday.

I'm sorry you don't like the error, but that's what it means. It will clear when the error is no longer present. It could be something related to the printhead like the cam, but in my experience, it is caused by something mechanical. I will open the questions to other experts in case someone else has ideas.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's not that I don't 'like' your answer.
This is the same answer I found using a Google search. It's illogical in my context, that's why I was seeking advice from a copier technician or someone with access to material I couldn't find.
I guess what I'm really trying to find out is, do you know than I do about this error message? If you do, I'll be inclined to accept your answer and discard this machine, even though it's only a few months old. If not, I'll contact Xerox directly and pay for a service call from someone who works on this particular machine. I'm not expecting you to telepathically know what's wrong with my machine -- I'm just trying to get a feel for the probabilities before discarding the machine or paying for a service call!