Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.

My mx330 scanner is not working, the prnter is working

Customer Question

my mx330 scanner is not working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the prnter is working great. however its not scanning.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: that's it. just let me scan my documents to my computer
JA: Our top Printer Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Printer Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Printer Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What computer is the scanner hooked up to?

(Windows PC, or Apple computer?)

And is it networked (the scanner) or connected with a USB cable?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My Cannon MX330 Printer is connected to my Dell Inspiron 11, 3000 Series w/ a USB.

OK. Thanks for the info and the response.

What version of Windows is on the Inspiron, please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Windows 10

Has the scanner worked before?

What software are you trying to 'run' a scan with, or in what window?

What error message or other indication of not-working status, do you get when you try to do a scan?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Scanner worked well before same as the printer. The printer is still working great but the scanner is not working now. When I try to scan a document, it tells me to place document in the scanner and then press start. However, it's not scanning.

Can the 'scanner'/printer, do a photocopy by way of the scanner's feeder or whereever scans aren't working?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've tried the scanner's feeder but it won't work. All I hear is a soft click but does not engage.

Does the paper feed in a trifle, when you hear the soft click?

And how old is the MX330 please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
MX330 is maybe 4 years old. When the MX330 tells me to place document as shown, I do but its not scanning. It does not feed at all.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I use the feeder to make copies it works fine.

OK. If it photocopies fine and the feeder works when photocopying but not when scanning... your scanner software is not communicating right.

I think your scanner managing software/drivers is/are not installed right and need re-installing.

Is your Windows on the computer, 32-bit? or is it 64-bit?

With that info., I will give instructions by and by, as to how to do the re-install.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Russell, I am 66 yrs old and diabetic. I need to eat now. Please excuse me. Please talk to me again later after 3 pm. Thank you very much.................Salvador

Salvador, I understand. It's OK. I will resume later... possibly 3 hours from now.