Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years of Experience in Computers and Electronics. Office Equipment Expert.

Xerox 8830 LL-90 error, I bought a used xerox 8830 and it

Customer Question

xerox 8830 LL-90 error
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I bought a used xerox 8830 and it worked great where i bought it. now that I connected it. Says LL-90 error
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Do you know, how to fix the LL-90 error
JA: Our top Printer Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Printer Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Printer Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
also when the person I bought it from ran prints and it worked fine but the paper was leaving a line streak thru the middle of the page. What is causing that?
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

This error means that thd Toner concentration of the developer material is too high.

The first thing I would suggest is using Xerox consumables. Not doing so is the primary cause of this and similar errors. If you are using OEM consumables, the following parts should be checked and replaced if necessary.
Cartridge drive motor
Cartridge home sensor
Toner sensor (A22Q1)
Main PWB (A3)

I can provide you with a copy of the service manual if it is something you would find useful for troubleshooting in more depth. Just let me know.