Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years of Experience in Computers and Electronics. Office Equipment Expert.
23511658

Error SC (57000). it has done a belt clean but still getting

Customer Question

Error SC (57000) . it has done a belt clean but still getting error message
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Office Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We had a paper jam and removed back cover to get paper out and since then we are getting error message SC 57000
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Office Equipment Technician should know?
Customer: no dont think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Office Equipment Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

That is a cleaning belt error. Turn the printer off first and if not comes back, it likely means you have a dirty or failed . That would mean that you may habe loose toner or dry ink loose in the printer. Opening the printer would show signs of that upon inspection. If you find this to be then case, clean the printer thoroughly abnd that may be sufficient.

Cleaning a printer can be done - with cautions against the parts that you could damage, so handle the parts with great care.