Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

We have just purchased a brother fax2840 and can get the

Customer Question

we have just purchased a brother fax2840 and can get the phone fax to work, but it will not switch to call diversion can you give us some clues how to remedy this please?
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have fixed the problem ourselves thanks. do not need your services thanks
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I think you deserve some sort of answer anyway.

I'm not sure what 'call diversion' means, but if you mean having voice calls inbound on the line go one way, and fax calls inbound on the line go to the fax, that's called 'Distinctive Ring service'. It can be set up on the Brother machine.

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.

Please feel I hope your experience was such that you will return at another time to this site, to ask another question or questions should you have need.