Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I am using the Stitch on a Canon 220 (newly purchased). I'm

Customer Question

I am using the Stitch on a Canon 220 (newly purchased). I'm scanning thin picture books for resale. Because the image is basically cut in the middle, each scan has the middle edge taken along the side of the scanner. Thus the final stitched image has a line and a stip with slightly different light/dark color exposure.
I know I could use a photoshop application, but these are inexpensive books and I was hoping to complete the process on the scanner alone.
How do I get rid of that line and darker strip?
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Using Mac OS 10.9.5 Mavericks. I used the driver for this OS on the Canon website.I have also tried simple color adjustments in Preview. No improvement.
I have also tried scanning the jacket alone, which helps with the shadow but not the line. Not practical anyway.I want to use the LIDE 220 Stitch and Preview and no other software. These books are the bottom end of our stock. Not worth photos.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Two examples added.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also I called Canon customer support. He suggested using the full platen option, which helped somewhat with the shadow. However I am willing to pay $45 to avoid the one hour wait time and the Musak. If this service isn't quicker, I might as well use the free customer support.
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 9 months ago.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello. What time will you be available? Have you looked at my sample scans?