ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

My name is ***** *****, and employee with several years of

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****, and I am Xerox employee with several years of experience with basic maintenance. I have a Xerox Phaser 3635MFP with the following message: "Clear Jam in Area 3(Duplex Tray)." There is no paper jam. I've pulled out the Duplex Tray and found nothing. I pulled out Tray 1, this and the Bypass Tray are the only trays, and found nothing. I pulled out the fuser, and found nothing. I looked for sensor out of place, and found nothing. Do you have a suggestion?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I performed a software reset, and nothing changed. I unplugged it for 3 minutes, and nothing changed. I even replaced the Bypass Tray, and nothing changed. I keep getting the same message, "Clear Jam in Area 3(Duplex Tray)."
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 9 months ago.

If the machine thinks there is a paper jam, then either the sensor is being triggered by a small fragment of paper, or the sensor is faulty.

Give the machine a thorough clean to remove any small fragments of paper. If that does not help, then suspect a faulty sensor.