Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a xerox phaser 6500 and the message come up that I

Customer Question

Good afternoon I have a xerox phaser 6500 and the message come up that I have a jam that needs to be cleared before it will print. I have checked the machine, opened the cover, lifted the green tabs and inspected inside, but no paper found. it still says clear jam and refuse to print. Can you help me please
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Office Equipment Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Office Equipment Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don'r think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Office Equipment Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that the first thing you should try is, turning the machine Off, and then unplugging it from the power for at least 1/2 hour.

If, when plugged in again, and turned On, the message persists, check for whether there are any obviously broken-off or jammed or otherwise visibly defective paper presence sensor switches, anywhere in the paper path.

If none are found, then you may, unfortunately, have to get a service call or repair-servicing on the machine.