ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

Me ADS 2000 scanner stopped scanning. The light flashes but

Customer Question

Me ADS 2000 scanner stopped scanning. The green light flashes but the paper does not move. When you push stop the paper does not roll through ross
JA: Huh?
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have check the connections and unplugged and plugged back in. But when you place paper in the shoot and press the scan button nothing happens except the green light flashes Ross
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Printer Technician now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

A blinking green light can indicate that there is paper stuck in the scanner, or the machine thinks that there is some paper stuck in it..

Please reply back and let me know the status of all 4 lights on the machine - whether they are lit, not lit, or blinking...

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your email.The answer given was not appropriate. Everything had been checked out before I sent the request. The machine was checked for paper or pieces of paper. The machine was turned off and back on etcEventually, I rebooted the computer connected to the scanner and it fixed the problem.

I really needed to know the status of all 4 lights on the machine to give a complete answer.

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

Best,

Pete.