Hi there and welcome Chuck
If PC scan standby is displayed on the LCD after you press the SCAN button, please press the Menu button to display the screen for selecting where you will save the data by following the steps below:
1. Use the button to select PC, then press the OK button.
2. Use the button to select the PC to forward the scanned data, then press the OK button. If you select Local (USB) in the Select PC screen, the data is forwarded to the USB-connected computer.
3. Use the button to select the document type, then press the OK button.
4. Press the Settings button to adjust the settings as necessary.
5. Load the original document on the Platen Glass or in the ADF.
6. Press the Color button for color scanning, or the Black button for black & white scanning.
Can you then Scan?
Please let me know