Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years of Experience in Computers and Electronics. Office Equipment Expert.
23511658

I have a G4050 scanner flatbed. Want to scane slide, but the

Customer Question

I have a G4050 scanner flatbed. Want to scane slide, but the program is not responding like for manual suggests.
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is making a pictures of the slide, but does not ask if I am using a slide. It thinks it is a photo.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay, you missed your 1 minute mark. I thought I was next in line. Tell you what If I don't get an answer in 10 minutes. Cancel this call, and refund me my money.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
45 mins have past. Cancel my request and refund me my money.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

My first suggestion would be to initiate a self test of the scanner. To do that, please follow these steps.

Please let me know your rresult and we can continue from there.

1. First user will need to turn the unit off by pressing the on/off switch.

2. Unplug the USB cable.

3. Press and hold the Scan button while turning the scanner on.

4. During a successful base unit self-test, the scanner will do the following:

• The scanning lamp will light up.

• The carriage will continuously move the full length of the scanning bed.

5. To end the test, turn the unit off.

If the base unit self-test results were as described above, then the test was successful.