Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

We have a kyocera fs-c2626 printer which stopped printing

Customer Question

Hi , My name is***** have a kyocera fs-c2626 printer which stopped printing yellow - error code : c7403 - could this be caused by too much toner being transported to the developer unit.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the technician says that he has to change the Magenta and Yellow developer unit as well as replacing the Drum ( DK590) to fix this error and blames the use of an alternative toner - hence no warranty claim possible. I just want o make sure this error can be caused by the toners. Peggy
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That error more or less means that a part is non-detected.

If there is spilled toner in abundance in the area, removing components, setting the sensitive ones (drum, perhaps the developer too) aside in a lightless dust-free place to protect them against direct light damage, and cleaning the area including the electrical contacts (with the power off) with a clean dry rag cloth, might aid in the problem - if the non-detection is owing to spilled toner on electrical contacts.