Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years of Experience in Computers and Electronics. Office Equipment Expert.
23511658

CODE 5,202,54 HAS COME UP ON MY CANOSCAN LIDE 210 SCANNER.

Customer Question

HOW IS THIS PROBLEM FIXED, PLEASE?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Each time I have seen this come up, it has been a problem with the driver on the computer. What I would suggest doing is going to your control panel - programs and uninstall all canon software for the printer. Then go to the following page to download the latest version. After doing that, reboot and then reinstall the software, connecting the scanner only once it tells you to.

http://bitli.es/Da2NMR

You will find downloads under both the "Drivers" and the "Software" sections.