Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years of Experience in Computers and Electronics. Office Equipment Expert.
23511658

Printer will not receive/accept a new toner. After replacing

Customer Question

Customer: Printer will not receive/accept a new toner. After replacing toner the replacement message comes up and and will not accept it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: such as
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, I'll wait. The printer Ricoh Aficio MP C5501
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not at printer any longer will be back tomorrow afternoon

Do yo know what the message was that came up?

This model requires a toner that has what is called a quick fuse on it. This tells the printer that it is Genuine Ricoh and it the correct cartridge. If this chip fails for any reason, it will not take the cartridge... and it only has one chance at doing it - when you first install the new cartridge. The first thing I would do when you get back is to make sure the cartridge is genuine Ricoh and not a third party or a refill - those cartridges don't usually have the correct chip on them. If that's not the problem, the exact wording of the error might help us out.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will check tomorrow and contact you

Ok. Thank you.