Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

My name is ***** *****. The problem is getting my twain

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. The problem is getting my twain scanner to work with the Konica Minolta c35. Here was the problems:
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 1. The Scanner unit belt broke. I picked up a replacement from KM and flew it out here to my office on an island in the Pacific Ocean. I replaced the scanner unit and updated the firmware :ftp://ftp.printer.konicaminolta.net/pub/crc/out_going/other/C35/
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Office Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I can wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: 2. I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it using the original OEM software disks. I finally established connectivity with the copier.
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3. I tried to connect to the Twain scanner using Adobe Acrobat. Adobe can't see or locate the c35. I attempted to load the scanner driver I downloaded from: http://www.konicaminolta.eu/en/business-solutions/products/office/discontinued-products/multifunctional-printers/colour/bizhub-c35/downloads.html but receive the error " The operation system is not adequate for running bizhub C35". I am using Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1. What do I need to do next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to head out for a spell. I'll check for your reply when I return and let you know how it goes. Thank you very much. Gary
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds as if you may have a problem with TWAIN scanning drivers, versus WIA drivers.

To test whether one of those two is working, try opening

Paint

and use the

From Scanner or Camera

option under 'File' in the Paint program. What result do you get? if it works that way, I think it means one of the two Windows scanning systems, but not both of them, is working. And for the install you were trying, the other of the two scanning systems is not working. Or not workable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, Paint can not access the "Konica Minolta bizhub C35 Network Scanner". Paint says "Waiting on scanner" and a window pops up stating "An error occurred during preview. If another program is scanning, please wait for it to complete and select Preview again".
I suspect the problem is somehow related to this error: "The operation system is not adequate for running bizhub C35". What is that about?? Everything ran just fine prior to the scanner unit busting.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Were you running the scanner driver installer at Administrative level?

The other possible thing that I already thought of, is that either TWAIN or WIA scanning basics are not present in your OS. Try running Windows Update manually on your Windows 7 computer, and install everything it finds (except the Windows 10 update! which will be huge, take a while, and involve complications.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Russell. I have the updates shut off on this computer only because of some past problems I experienced with some of our engineering software.I do want to say that the other networked computer, which has all of the current Windows 7 updates, can print to the copier portion of the unit but can't see the scanner as well.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Can you access the IP Address of the Konica-Minolta machine (by entering it into a web browser on your computer) ? if so, that might possibly help. Try it.