ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a pandigital photolink one touch scanner and my

Customer Question

I have a pandigital photolink one touch scanner and my computer does not find any photos when I try to transfer
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

Is the memory card inserted properly into the memory card slot? Try re-insert the card and try again.

Also ensure the memory card is in FAT or FAT32 file format only, not NTFS or any other file format. Check that the memory card is not locked or set to write-protect.

Let me know the status of the lights on the scanner.

Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am using the memory card that came with the scanner, and have inserted and re-inserted several times. The lights are the way they should be as described in the manual - steady yellow indicating. I fed through about 10 photos, with and without the plastic cover and all looked good. Then when I connected the scanner to my computer (Windows 7) all that comes up is a small window saying "no photos detected". I also tried reading the memory card using a USB stick that I use for my camera memory card and got the same message. I tried to use a different memory card in the scanner, but the light turned red, which indicates that the scanner is not compatible with that card. I think my next step is to check the memory card but I don't know how to do that.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

You will need to test with a different memory card.

The one you have been using has likely become corrupted or damaged.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will get a new memory card and see if that fixes the problem - I will let you know

Ok, keep me posted!

Thanks,

Pete.

Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 10 months ago.

I notice your rating for my service has not gone through...
Do you need any further assistance?