Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Canon pc-1061 When I try to make 1 copy, it makes a copy and

Customer Question

Canon pc-1061
When I try to make 1 copy, it makes a copy and sends a blank page through as well.
What am I doing wrong? Has not done this before.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It is possible that your page size settings are not compatible with the original size you are copying. Check the settings in your Canon, for page size, and also for reduction/enlargement... if you have set enlargement above 100 %, a second page might be deemed necessary to be produced, but just at the margins of needing a second page, the second page might be blank. Try setting reduction/enlargement to 100 %, and see if that helps with the problem.

Also check whether your original size isn't a little longer than 11 inches, the standard 'Letter' page length. That could be inducing the extra but blank page, also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No luck. The paper size is letter and measures 11" and enlargement is set st 100%
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try turning it Off, and unplugging it from the power too, for at least 1 hour or longer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had previously tried unplugging but not for an hour. Tried it and no luck.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If you run off a copy of a 5-page document, how many sheets come out? 6, or 10 ?

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm trying to find out, whether that's 1-sheet-blank-extra per copy *job*, or per copied *sheet*, you see.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a 5 page copy run produces 6 pages, 5 copies and 1 blank
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Where is the original placed? in a feeder that automatically feeds the pages to be copied, one by one, I presume.

What happens when you place one sheet face down on the glass, and copy it once?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 pages: 1 copy, 1 blank
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Then you may need to clean rollers, according to instructions I will give you.

When you did the copy of only one sheet, did the top of the copier move at all, or did that one original sheet get moved around by the copier?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
top of copier did not move, sheet did not move
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, thanks for responding readily to my inquiries.

If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding-in of the paper is done.

Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding may not be being done properly.

Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.

(Note: do not ever touch nor rub nor clean the shiny, blue-ish metallic-looking 'roller' or 'drum'... that would merely damage it permanently. It is not involved in the problem your copier is having, at all.)

(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)

Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.