ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

New Ricoh SP4510SF multifunction printer...need to know how

Customer Question

New Ricoh SP4510SF multifunction printer...need to know how to change unit (using service tech code entry) to be able to get in and change setting so that fax answers on 4th ring. Only options out of box are automatic (1st ring), and manual (a no go for the office).
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 11 months ago.

Hi David,

Youwill need to enter the service menu using the password, then you can specify how many times (1 to 16) the machine rings when it receives data.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I already knew that...I am needing the pw to get into the service mode, and instructions as to where the setting is. Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi...I see that you are currently online. Do you know the service code and specific directions to navigate the Ricoh SP4510SF menu to allow me to change the number of phone rings? If not, please allow me to consult others, and not accept my offer of funds....thank you.

The service code is set by the installer. Did they provide you with it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Actually, I just got off the phone with the authorized Ricoh tech., he said the service code is not set by the installer, but is a factory code to get in. He knows it, is stopping by to do the requisite change under warranty, no charge. So, I will be requesting a refund on this question, but thank you anyway. David

David,

The information you have given is incorrect. The installer changes the preset factory code to prevent unauthorized access.