Viet - Office Tech
Viet - Office Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot office devices.
30037186

I HAVE A CANOSCAN LiDE 120. I have been desperately trying

Customer Question

HI ***** CANOSCAN LiDE 120. I have been desperately trying to download it to my computer. ASUS model # ***** Notebook PC. I hear the device of the canoscan when I plug it into the computer. But no prom is displaced. I done everything know. I try down loading the software. Nothing happens. I can't find it on my computer. Any suggestions. It indicates to that the Device Driver is outdated. Can you recommend a driver to use or what I can do to download this canoscanner into my computer to do my school work. This is brand new computer, which I have not used for my school work yet. Very back up on school work to be scanned and email to professor ASPA 5 months ago.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Viet - Office Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please disconnect the scanner from the computer for now.

Have you tried to download and install the CanoScan LiDE 120 Full Driver & Software Package at the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/scanners/photo-scanner/canoscan-lide-120/

; or you can use the direct download website link below:

http://tinyurl.com/jdbh5nd

Note: the download file name is called win-lide120-1_0-ucd...

- After downloading is done, then open the file called win-lide120-1_0-ucd and install it.

; (if needed, after downloading is done, click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on File Explorer, then click on Downloads on the left, then open the file win-lide120-1_0-ucd and install.)

Follow the on-screen instructions during installation.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I been trying all day to download software packages and have spent soooo much $ today. At my wits end very disappointed issue nor resolved. Must start school work asap. Thanks for your time

You're welcome. Sorry about that. When was the last time the scanner was working? If it was working with an old computer, is it still working on that old computer if you still have it?

After downloading the CanoScan LiDE 120 Full Driver & Software Package, then you open the download file, then it shows the installation progress right? If yes, does it give any error or message?

We can continue whenever you have time. When can you be available to continue? Weekend is fine for me also. Thank you for replying back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh. It works perfect with the HP computer. But I am not the administrator if the computer therefore they have to scan in 45 lesson to my email and I then scan them to my professor on line. That however leaves this person very annoyed with me and leaves a very bad atmosphere. That why this new computer was purchased and I am the administrator? ?but not working out. Gee!!

Sorry. OK, what happens when you open the downloaded CanoScan LiDE 120 Full Driver & Software Package file?

Please let me know when you are available to continue. Thank you.