Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I hae a MFC-990CW brother machine. I also have triple play

Customer Question

I hae a MFC-990CW brother machine. I also have triple play comcast with a main line(###) ###-####and and extension(###) ###-####to which my fax connection. The main line goes from the phone connection to the modem and then another line goes to the fax jack from the modem. The mobile phone has a dail tone and the phone works but the fax will not send or recieve . When I try to send a fax I get a message that says NG: Poor line condition-Out of memory. Also when I go to "Intial set" on the menu there is no receive mode indicator? so I have not been able to go to Fax only/ Fax-tel?Manual only. Comcast has come to the house twice since they installed the new modem exfinity 1 as the fax was working before they installed the new modem but they insist it is the fax as the phone line has a dail tone and the phone works .Pleqas help
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Plug your phone into where the fax is plugged into the modem. Do you hear a dial tone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will repeat . The phone line goes into the modem and then from the modem to the sax inanother line and I get a dial tone on the phone line and on the fax but the fax will not go thru or receive.? Frank

Right, plug your phone into where the fax is plugged in now. Do you hear a dial tone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I have heard nothing from you Rusty and have not solved my problem i expect that you will not have billed my American Express avmount. I you do I must respectfully ***** ***** and ask them to deny your billing Thank you Franlkin HAftl

Well don't rate my service or you might be charged twice.