Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a bizhub 250 and the touch panel appears to be

Customer Question

I have a bizhub 250 and the touch panel appears to be frozen. I cannot adjust the density or any other applications on the clear screen.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your bizhub?

Also were there any power outages or storms recently just prior to this problem that you may be aware of?

Also does it get a lot of use? And has this happened before?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The copier is probably about 10 years old. I got it used from a certified copier dealer about 5 years ago. The previous owner was a local church. I am self employed and the copier is only lightly used.this is the first time I've ever had a problem with it. There have been no power outages. The copier still works, I just cannot adjust the print density or any adjustments on the push pad.
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for that information. You can try unplugging the copier for 10 full minutes from its power cord.

If that works great, but if not, this unit will need a new touch screen, they fail over that long period of time and actually yours has out lasted so many others so yours did very well, typically they last about 5 years.

This is a part that would need to be installed by a printer repair shop or someone who has experience with electronic soldering and rework because its really easy to cause further damage if you aren't familiar with this type of work. That said, if you do have that experience, I will help you fix this and let you know the bet place to get a new replacement touch screen module.

Please let me know on that?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete,

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

There is no cost to rate ;-)

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael