Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Had ice storm electric was out 48 hrs now that its back on

Customer Question

had ice storm electric was out 48 hrs now that its back on when i send a fax to someone u hear the dial tone u hear the othe phone ring but only rings once or twice then says no answer the pearson on other end was on the phone why i was faxing and says it rings one time and thats it im lost at whats not set corectly
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 12 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Power failures can damage electronic equipment owing to associated surges and 'spikes'. A power surge protector for every electronic device of any value is an investment that always pays off in the long run.

Do you have any other telephoning device on the line with the fax? if so, unplug it from the line, and try just using the fax by itself, see if it goes through. (If not, likely your Epson's fax facility has been damaged by power surges during the original power failure, I'm sorry to say.)

Note: if you have VoIP or digital phone service, your digital phone service may be disabled or 'broken' or damaged, instead of your Epson fax. And if you don't have digital phone service, try contacting your phone co., tell them that you are having trouble faxing since a power failure, and ask them to do a line check for you. This is a routine measure, I don't think they will even charge you (since the report allows them to make sure of their phone transmission network condition in a critical place and improve their service quality etc.)