Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

My Xerox Phaser 6605 needed new a toner waste cartridge. I

Customer Question

My Xerox Phaser 6605 needed new a toner waste cartridge. I have replaced the cartridge, but I had some difficulty getting it in, even though it was the exact same as the old one. (I even held them side-by-side). I finally got it in and the printer is printing again, but it refuses to print anything yellow. I noticed that the part I had difficulty getting the waste cartridge to fit in was initially near the yellow waste cartridge. The first piece of paper I printed jammed, but now it prints fine. Minus the yellow. I can't figure out why. I've taken parts out, put them back in, I've turned the printer on and off again, I rebooted the computer. No avail. Everything is vaguely cyan or magenta. No yellow. Help?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If something blocked the waste ink cartridge from getting into its space, it might have been the outlet chute of the yellow part of the print engine, or the used toner outlet from the yellow cartridge.

Examine that part of the print engine, compare to other colors' parts of the print engine, see if the yellow parts can be put into same state as the others that work.