Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

My name is ***** ***** and I have an issue with an older

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I have an issue with an older fiery print server attached to a Bizhub c350. Nothing prints, though I can see the print server on my network. I can even access the services through the ip address, but no one can print to it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have it set up on a simple network, just 4 people in the office. It is an older Fiery X3e 3m1e print server. It is on an IP of 192.168.0.10, which when I go to it, pulls up the interface for the printer and since it is an older machine it uses Java for the web tools. I can operate all of this, but it won't let anyone print to it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure. how late are you available, becasue it might be easier if I come back later tonight when I can get in front of the machine.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm not sure what to say about how to solve the problem at this point, but I am assuming (and correct me if I'm wrong):

1. that the setup is new and has never worked before - in short, this is a problem about getting the setup working for the first time.

2. that the BizHub can print a photocopy made with its controls alone. (If not sure, please try it.)

3. The history of the Fiery used is unknown or not previously known personally - but, you do have experience with Fiery configuration etc. for printing - correct me if I'm wrong.

Check whether the local IP Address of the local router box is

192.168.0.x

and if it is not, let me know what it is... esp. if the '0' part, or third #, of that address differs, then the Fiery needs reconfiguring. (The local IP Address of the local router, is the 'Default Gateway' address showing on your local machines that are connected to the local router.)

Can you access the printer's Web Utility or Web Interface ? if so, that's a good sign that the network configuration is correct and the problem is with a minor detail of configuration of either the computers or the BizHub.

Try sending a very simple print job to the BizHub, after clearing the printer's queue on your local computer. Say, a page from Notepad, about the simplest test print application there is.

Let me know about what the above suggestions reveal or yield. Thanks.