Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Aficio mp 5002 problems with stapler service code 722-42.

Customer Question

aficio mp 5002 problems with stapler service code 722-42. Can I fix it or does a tech need to come in?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That error occurs when a stapler jam has already happened and then happens again. The stapler jam is usually a detection failure, and it may involve a motor being non-functional.

To be more specific, would require your looking into the stapler, and finding whether there is a real jam, and whether the motor is indeed non-functional. If this requires disassembly, you would indeed need a service tech to do the work, even just to determine what is wrong exactly.