Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a Ricoh c5502. Just added anew black toner cartridge

Customer Question

I have a Ricoh c5502. Just added anew black toner cartridge and my copier won't read it.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Make sure the toner cartridge is not a defective one. That sometimes happens, and justifies returning the defective cartridge to the vendor or store, in original packaging, for exchange for another one.

What symptoms does the Ricoh machine show, of rejecting the cartridge in question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't recognize that it's a new cartridge. It keeps saying to add toner. From other research I've determined that the toner pump may be clogged or has gone out.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That's possible. I confess that I cannot advise you on the toner pump in this model.

I have Opted Out, with apologies, opening the case for any other Expert in this category, that might add more to the case.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am Tech Michael, have you tried re seating the cartridge and are you sure it is fully seated, as this is a common problem with this model.

Also its possible you may have a bad cartridge or pump.

I will help you figure this all out. I will also send you an offer for a phone call so I can call you if you accept that, it just makes things quicker.