Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

My typewriter will not type. I Changed the Robbin and the

Customer Question

My typewriter will not type. I Changed the Robbin and the correction tape and it typed for a while . I turned it off and then back on and it will not type now I did turn the Daisy wheel but it will not type. typewriter AX-24. Carriage moves but does not type. Please advise
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The hammer seems to have gone dead, more or less - if the carriage is responsive in the usual manner, but nothing is put upon the page, that would seem to be the case.

Does the typewriter make any noise aside from the warning beep perhaps, occasionally but not constantly, and the movement of the carriage?

If not, then your typewriter will require repairs. (Replacing the hammer, and/or the circuitry that goes with it, is not an easy repair to do right, at all.)

Brother Authorized repair centers in your region can be found and contacted, but to do so, I have to know what your region of the US is: please tell me your zip code or town/city and state/region in Reply, and I will get you that contact (and address) information.