Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

My new hp envy 7640 copies just fine but my photographs all

Customer Question

my new hp envy 7640 copies just fine but my photographs all have lines across the image when printed. Brand new HP ink and photo paper is installed. All my devices are wireless and seem to be communicating with the printer.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that, under the circumstances, there is one thing to do first, and one thing to ask:

- the thing to do is, to find the Maintenance function of 'Head Cleaning' for the printer, either in the printer's menus or in the printer's supplied software made by HP for the printer, and run a cleaning cycle, or two, then try printing again.

- and what I have to ask is, How old is the printer? and, have you already tried installing new cartridges? (This problem may not be owing to the cartridges at all, *if* the lines are present across the whole of the printed image, and are very evenly and fairly closely spaced.)