Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Wevhave a kyocera printer which was working fine

Customer Question

Wevhave a kyocera printer which was working fine yesterday...but today we get the message...cannot use tray A due to failure...TaskAlfa3500i
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check in your printer's settings: see to it that

Default Tray

in Options is set to

Use Printer Settings

Otherwise, you may quite simply have one of a number of hardware failures in the Tray A area: a defective sensor, operating cirucitry, etc.

Try setting the tray to another tray or the manual feed slot (if there is one of either), on both the printer, and in the printer's driver settings on your computer (and also in any software program you print from, if it has printing settings of its own.)

Driver settings (if you have a Windows PC) are found, for a printer, in

Control Panel - Devices and Printers

and right-click on your printer's icon there, and select Properties... those are the 'driver settings' for the printer. (Be sure to save the changed settings by clicking on OK until all Properties sheets have closed.)