Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Xerox workcentre 7775 will not power up. When turned on the

Customer Question

xerox workcentre 7775 will not power up.
When turned on the screen briefly comes up, the economy light blinks, then shuts down.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sort of error means a severe hardware initialization failure, almost certainly.

Check that the power cord is plugged in properly, to a fully working outlet - or switch outlets.

Check that the power selector switch has not been joggled into the 240 V position instead of the 120 V position that is normal for USA usage. (Power selector switch, if there is one on your model, would be very near where the power cord goes into the machine.)

Let me know the history of this machine - how old it is, when it was last used, was it moved recently, etc.

A service call will, most likely, be needed if this machien is to work properly again. But if it was moved recently, it might simply have some boards inside it jostled loose, and need re-seating of every board in its place or slot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All this has been checked prior to getting on just answer. If you are not familiar with Xerox copiers, please recuse yourself from this case. I need someone that know how to work on Xerox Copiers.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I have Opted Out at your request. I hope that advanced maintenance for this model will be available.