Engineer John C
Engineer John C, Equipment Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified
23822421

I have a 6400 and the cable to move the scanner head is

Customer Question

i have a 6400 and the cable to move the scanner head is broken - how do I access to replace
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Engineer John C replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

What's the brand? Xerox? Also, is the unit still in warranty?

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Workcentre 6400 ... Not under warranty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to access the scanner and either replace or repair the drive belt

Hello Sir/Madam, I found the belt here ===> WorkCentre 6400 belt <=== Click Here

Or you can call Xerox Workcentre Support at 1-***-***-**** and order the scanner belt by phone.

If you are satisfied with my work, please rate me positively, that's the only way for me to be paid by my employer, it won't cost you any additional money. Remember that the feedback you left here is not about Xerox or this website, it is about my work in trying to help you solve your issue.

=====

Please let me know if you need more assistance by using the reply box below, I'm happy to discuss further. :) If not, please take a moment to rate my personal answer to you.

John.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope - its not a transfer belt its the belt under the glass that moves the scanner head? I either need to replace the scanner unit or the belt that pull the scanner head