Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Canon MX882 I have this fax machine with the scanner,copier

Customer Question

Canon MX882
I have this fax machine with the scanner,copier fax and scanner all in 1 and I am getting a B200 for the error. Can you tell me what that is and is it fixable?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Open it as if you were going to try to change the ink.

If the cartridges do not move over to you:

Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If the same error comes up follow the steps for it moving over to you.

If the cartridges do move over to you:

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is a small area on the ink cartridges ink will come out of when pushed that is normal just get any dried ink off of that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the same error comes up next we will want to remove the print head and do a manual deep cleaning.
This video explains how to do that: Click Here You can dry it with a lint free cloth instead of waiting, do not use paper towels as lint can clog the nozzles.

After that if the same thing happens we can rule out the print head as the cause. This error only comes up for 2 things the print head and the logic board. Unfortunately since we have ruled out the print head it means the logic board has failed and needs to be replaced. This error can occur due to either the print head or logic board. This part can be expensive so I would call around for a price. Normally it costs between $75 and $100 for the part alone. The labor cost for a technician to replace it would be between $65 and $75. The total repair is normally between $150 and $200. Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old, if it is under a year old or you have an extended warranty this should be covered. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.