ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

We have the Ricoh MPC2500 and have just moved into a new

Customer Question

we have the Ricoh MPC2500 and have just moved into a new office. The Ricoh technician couldn't figure out why he can see the printer and ping it, but it won't print. The printer shows as "offline" and the switch it is plugged into shows as it is "offline". But the printer works and has a green light. We've addressed the IP address and got to the point where he could ping it successfully, but it still won't print.
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I need a quicker answer. I'm gong to have to call Ricoh again and find out if they have someone else to help. Thanks.
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Is the IP address of the printer on the same range as the computers trying to use it?

Check the IP address is in the correct range, then try restarting all equipment and try printing again.

If there are any firewalls on the computer(s) then try temporarily disabling them.