Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Ricoh IS450se scanner. On this scanner when the paper is

Customer Question

Ricoh IS450se scanner. On this scanner when the paper is taken in for the feeder it goes in about 1/2 in to far and cuts off the top of the page. I want to know make an adjustment so the paper starts and the top of the page.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The problem may not be that of adjustment, but rather of a paper position sensor error, or a control circuitry problem. But tell me:

- when you put the paper or document to-be-scanned into the Ricoh scanner, does the top of the page go into the scanner, or the bottom of the page?

(IF the bottom of the page is loaded first, then the rollers may be slipping, and need cleaning.... if that turns out to be the case, I will give you a procedure to follow.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It loads on top, rollers are on about 6 months old. I also cleaned them. I believe the paper is going in to far about 1/2 inch because its cutting of the top of the page. I want to see if there is an adjustment in the scanner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not receiving any errors. The scanner is running just fine.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I regret that I am not able to provide Live Phone service at this time.

Please: when putting a page in the scanner, do you put the top of the page in first, heading into the scanner first?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are u familiar with this machine
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I believe that there is no 'adjustment' for top-of-page. You have, in my opinion, a 'broken' scanner that will need servicing... esp. if a hard reset does nothing for the problem.

You might have an adjustment in your scanning software. What scanning software are you using?

I have Opted Out, since I suspect I have done as much for this case as I can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could u tell me how to do a hard reset on the scanner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the problem is with a board in your opinion which one should I be looking at if its the board or should I be looking for something else.