Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

Trying to scan to email and get a "Scan TX Failed" message

Customer Question

Trying to scan to email and get a "Scan TX Failed" message in the window. What do I have to do?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

It indicates usuallly an issue with the email server your using to send the email

Do the following please

1) Using Internet Explorer, type the IP address of the Konica Minolta machine into the
address bar and press Go

2) Login to the web interface using the password *****: 12345678

3) Click on the yelllow Network tab at the top of the screen and down the left hand
side, select ‘Email’.

4) * Make sure that ‘Send’ is enabled.
* Enter in a Sender Name
* Enter in an E-mail address (this does not have to be a real address but it is what
will appear in your Inbox)
* Enter a Default Subject
* Enter the IP address of the e-mail server in to ‘SMTP Server Address’
* If the e-mail server requires authentication, enable the Authentication settings
and enter the details provided by your Network Administrator.
5) When all of these details have been entered, click ‘Apply’.

Then try again and let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once I click on Email there isn't a "Send" to enable, no Sender Name or any of the other spots you have mentioned.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

What do you see listed on Email?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** this time. Everything was working fine until yesterday afternoon.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No problem as I mentioned it is optional.

But I still need you to answer the question I asked about what you now see on the email page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E-mail TX (SMTP) Enable
Scan to Email Enable
SMTP Server Address smtp.gmail.com
SSL/TLS Enable
SMTP Authentication Enable
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, there is there also a section to enter in the Gmail account so it can send using it as it needs to sign in.

Its going to be an issue with this account. The account you are using, sign in via www.gmail.com

Does it allow you to sign in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can sign in.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, and the email address is still correct on it? If so, reenter the password ***** and save then try to scan to email.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only way I can enter password ***** ***** change password. Still will not Scan to email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes thats correct.

Can you check that the network cable it is connected to is working please by connecting a computer to it and tell me if that gets an internet connection please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can send prints to it and they print fine.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, but thats local network

I need you please to connect a computer to the cable and tell me if the computer gets internet please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scan to email still not working.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you make a new gmail account via my link below

https://accounts.google.com/signup

then use this new account foor sending to email on the unit, and let me know if with this account you can send to email please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The existing gmail account works, I can send and recieve emails fine. I would prefer not to start another account.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is part of the test to see if they are blocking it.

If you do not wish to do this step or never did the previous one, can you please let me know as I will then opt out as I would not want to continue on this if we are not able to do these steps.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That seems a little rude only because I said I didn't want to sent up another email account!! I will get a local tech to handle and you can forget about charging me also!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is not rude at all, I am being thorough and going through all the causes for this problem. I am just asking you to tell me if you do not wish to do the steps, as then there would be no point in continuing. I cannot see how this is being rude... it just makes no sense to skip steps that are a general cause for this problem..... or any really reason as to not do this

Anyway its no problem, as the technician is just going to do the same things I am having you do.

All the best.