Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Owner of IT consulting/services company.
59725966

I can not receive faxes on my MF8350cdn Canon machine - I

Customer Question

I can not receive faxes on my MF8350cdn Canon machine - I can send faxes successfully
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) Is this a dedicated fax line, or a shared voice/fax line?
2) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)
3) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

4) Are you getting any specific error message?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) yes
2) from Phone company
3) no
4) message says mailbox is fullI got answer to go to status monitor - fax job status/history/send fax Status - this was blank - tried the same with send fax job status it was blank as well.Please provide another solution - can fax out but do not receive emails.thank you!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This was not a yes or no question. I need to know specifically what type of line this is (dedicated/shared, copper or digital/cable/fiber based, etc)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry - it is a dedicated fax line
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

Can you please double check that the cord from the wall jack to the canon is plugged into the #1 (line) jack, and not into the #2 (tel/tad/ext) jack?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan,Cord is plugged into "line" other options are "hand set" or "ext". The cord is plugged in the same place it has always been plugged into.thanks.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay thank you for checking.

So the next step is that you need to go into the setup menu, in the receive settings, and set it to auto answer (FAX ONLY) mode.

Then try a test fax.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK went to setup menu - fax settings - receive settings choices are
ECM receiving - on
incoming ring - on
remote receiving - on (99)
manual/auto switch - on
I changed all of these and tried but still get message when I phone that mail box for(###) ###-####is full
Thanks
Heidi
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Well if you are getting a message, that has nothing to do with your actual canon equipment. It means there is a voicemail account that is active on this line, and it is picking up before the canon ever has a chance to. There is no reason to have VM on a fax line, so you need to call the phone company and have them disable that feature.