Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

After installing a add-on utility of french origin to my

Customer Question

After installing a add-on utility of french origin to my design software, AutoCAD, the dialog box for the network print device, a Konica Minolta bizhub C364 printer changed from English to French on my computer ONLY. The default language was English and that is what shows on all other computers using this network printer. How do I change from French to English?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What was the add-on utility of French origin ?

If the network print device dialog box for the printer, changed, then is that a dialog box in AutoCAD ? if so, it's not the printer that needs changing in language, it would be your AutoCAD software, I would think.

Except for the consideration, that if no other dialogs for the AutoCAD software have changed their language, it may not be the software program AutoCAD that needs language change as a whole, but just the portions that the 'add-on utility' has affected.

(Was the add-on utility such as to involve printing or printed output's appearance? if so, it is only logical that it would affect the AutoCAD printing dialog and change its language to match its own.)

You could uninstall the add-on utility (though with the reservation, that I don't know what kind/name/anything about it.)

Or if worst comes to worst, you could do a System Restore - if the add-on utility was installed just recently - and then you would find AutoCAD completely in English again too hopefully. But if you get to that point, let me know first, so that I can instruct you how to go about the System Restore procedure so as to be likely to get a good result... and tell me what Windows version is on your PC in that case, also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not an AutoCAD issue and is not dependent on AutoCAD or any software in any way. This is some type of change to the printer driver language on my computer only: This is a network printer. It appeared to change after one of a handful of free AutoCAD utilities was added to AutoCAD and that are available from the official Autodesk website. I am not certain this utility caused the language to change from English to French on MY computer only. Other network users show this printer dialog in English as mine did initially. Any clues are appreciated.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If I understand you correctly, the printer dialog is the only thing that (you have yet discovered that) has changed to the French language.

Please - to clarify just what has happened - tell me what keystroke combination or 'control button' press you go through, to bring up this dialog that is in French.

And please tell me if your computer is a Windows PC. And, if it is, try going to

Start - Programs - Accessories - Notepad

and see what happens when you click on

File - Print

... does the dialog box there show up in the French language?

Also please inform me, whether the utility of French origin, was installed on any other computer, or just on yours?