Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a Canon Scanner 9000f ii ... works great but just

Customer Question

I have a Canon Scanner 9000f Mark ii ... works great but just recently when I scan a photo I get a double image download to my folder. Both images are identical, but the second image has a icon of a lock in the lower left hand corner. Before this ... I was able to scan a, get one thumbnail and one image. Is this a setting that needs to be changed?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That almost certainly is a setting of some sort that is not working properly - or rather, that is working properly but not in a way you intend.

The mode where you scanned to get a thumbnail as well as an image, what was that scanning mode called? (I can't recollect it myself.)

And, what software are you scanning with?

Also, how do the two files' names differ?