Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Owner of IT consulting/services company.
59725966

I'm moving into an office building and will be getting

Customer Question

I'm moving into an office building and will be getting Verizon Fios. I have a question regarding the connectivity of the Fios connection to my internal PBX system. I need to understand how it connects and what configuration changes need to be made. This is a general question no specific PBX model in mind.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I believe I've helped you with this or a similar question previously.

The way the Fios connection will work is that there is a fiber optic cable connection (buried) that comes in from Verizon, usually to an outside junction box. That box (or possibly a secondary box inside, depending on how your building is set up) will act as a "gateway", typically splitting out the fiber into a coax or ethernet connection that feeds your router/network, and to phone line connections. These phone line connections are digital rather than the traditional copper (POTS) lines, but behave the same way. They will connect to a punch down block or rj11 terminated connection that ultimately consists of the "CO" lines that then feed your pbx system.