Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a Kyocera Ecosys FS-1300D printer and during my move

Customer Question

I have a Kyocera Ecosys FS-1300D printer and during my move apparently some toner got out into the machine. I've cleaned up according to the manual but continue to have prints come out with .5 inch of left side of page not showing up.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The problem, missing all print to one side, could be several things... as to the cleaning:
It is usual, with all laser printer problems, to Open, Inspect, Clean (carefully), Close Up, and Try Again.
Open: Unplug the machine for safety. Get access to the internal workings, esp. those of the problem area. Remove cartridge(s) if necessary.
Inspect: look for anything wrong or odd in the problem area. Spilled toner? bent or broken parts? stuck sensor switch? tabs or tape not removed from toner cartridge(s)?
Clean (carefully): Take a dry white or light colored high-quality lint-free rag cloth, and wipe firmly all possible plastic or especially metal surfaces that could have toner/paper dust/fluff/anything on them. Carefully, to avoid touching, spraying, moistening, abrading, or exposing to direct light for longer than 1 minute out of 15 or more, the shiny, usually blue-green (but sometimes red-purple) photosensitive 'drum' or roller, which is easily damaged.
Close up: put everything back in, close covers, etc.
Try again: plug in, turn on.
- Let me know what you observe or find out. There may be more to do for the problem.
But it is most likely to be a problem in the toner distribution. Take the toner cartridge out, and well away from the printer, and over a non-porous surface that is easy to clean, then shake the toner cartridge gently with a swaying motion. This helps distribute the toner around evenly - in case it simply has all gotton to one side in the cartridge, causing toner not to come out on that side of the cartridge, where the missing print is.
Then put the cartridge back in, and try a few more prints or photocopies. (A mix of both would be best, ***** ***** of either scanner problem, or defective software of files on the computer.)