Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I upgraded my system to Windows 10 last week and then had to

Customer Question

Hi, I upgraded my system to Windows 10 last week and then had to roll back to Windows 7 as my printers wouldn't work on Windows 10. however in the process, my MFC Toolbox was deleted. I cannot work out how to install it again as the drivers are installed but I cannot find the program to run. help please
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What model printer is this for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Canon iSensys MF5940dn
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Your machine actually was supported by Windows 10, the MFC toolbox was not. That is also why it is missing now, do you want to use windows 10? If you do I can give you the compatible driver for it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't want to use Windows 10. I had a technician here for four hours yesterday who couldn't get it right so I will stick with Windows 7. Please just talk me through how to flippin well install the MFC toolbox and/or get it to work. This is driving me nuts.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
No problem I was only asking. I understand you are frustrated, I am only trying to help and make sure you are given all options available to you. You can download the MF toolbox from here:
http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0042338.asp
Click on the files name to start the download.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but what do i do once the files are opened? I have the discs. I have these files. I don't know how to install them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need someone to talk me through this step by step.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Once you download that file I just sent you and open it, inside then open the uk_eng folder it shows. In there is a setup.exe file double click that to install. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I doubleclicked on there, got a message box asking if the file could make changes to the computer and then clicked yes and then nothing. now what do i do?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Open the file I sent you.
Then move the eng_uk folder from the file onto your desktop.
Open the folder on your desktop.
Then right click on setup.exe
In the right click menu choose run as administrator even if you are one.
After that if it asks yes or no again choose yes, it may take a minute for the installer to come up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I right click on it, I get a message that "a later version of MF Toolbox is already installed. Uninstall the existing version and then try and install again"
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Click on start and type toolbox into the search bar.
If it is already installed it will show up there, if it does not let me know.
If it does show up right click on it and click send to desktop so you will have it there for easy use.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing happens. It overwrites the existing files and then nothing happens. I appreciate that you are trying to assist me but this is going round in circles. I am going to have to get someone to come to my office. How do I get a refund for the deposit as the issue has not been resolved?