Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years of Experience in Computers and Electronics. Office Equipment Expert.
23511658

I can't hear anything from my scanner.

Customer Question

I can't hear anything from my scanner.
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried everything.I even went to Radioshack,where I purchased the scanner,and still nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me at XXX XXX XXXX not by email.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

Once you purchase the scanner and get it home, you still have to program the scanner for your local frequencies and for some other settings. You can see if it is at least working by turning it on and then turning the volume up and also turning the squelch knob. At this point you should get at least white noise or static from the radio. If you do, this is normal and it probably just lacks the programming for your local frequencies.

Expert:  ronald-cssm replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer, however, we are unable to respond because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/office-equipment/99dhf-can-t-hear-anything-scanner.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.