Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Low voltage on the fuser of a xerox 3030 How much will it

Customer Question

low voltage on the fuser of a xerox 3030
How much will it cost to get some assistance to get this fixed?
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is upon start up so machine was just cleaned but the 110 degrees on the fuser must be reached within one minute of startup. I have the wiring schematic and tested some of the circuitry. So far no distinctive revelations of why that last 10 degrees is not there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need someone who really knows the xerox 3030 system
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. There are only 2 parts really that normally cause this. Have you recently replaced anything?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am ready to solve this.
I am prepared to replace any parts via testing for proof of this need.
Some voltages seem close but not exact.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can call in an hour
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You would need to test the thermistor and the low voltage power supply. The voltages should not be exact they are usually within a close range. There is no way to be 100% certain which part it is eitherbut there are tests we can do to try and narrow which of the two it is.
You can test the thermistor with a multimeter and the voltage should be written right on it. If it shows very low or very high it would need to be replaced. If it is within a 2 below 2 above range it should be fine normally.
This normally means the low voltage power supply has failed and needs to be replaced. You can usually test the components on it with a multimeter as well the same way. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Xerox.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Onsite testing equipment now
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need assistance still
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
What happened when you tested what I mentioned?
.