Engineer John C
Engineer John C, Equipment Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified
23822421

I'm getting error code 193-700 Printer (non-xerox toner

Customer Question

I'm getting error code 193-700 Printer (non-xerox toner installed)...which I do have all XEROX toner currently. Next it rolls over to 024-371 System (contact Support). I know the printer is 3 -4 years old at this point and am going to just re-buy the same printer, but figured if there was a better solution, I'd give it a short.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Engineer John C replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
If you already cleaned the printer to no avail, we can try with new Xerox cartridges to isolate the issue with your current toners. Even if they are original, they may become defective.
If you try with new toners and get the same issue, then probably the main board is defective, and it would be more expensive to replace than to buy a new printer, unfortunately.
Please read below also:
Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.
If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!
=====
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John, I have no problem with your response... accept the fact that it's nothing more than I already knew. I checked the toner and actually took toner from a working printer and therefore assumed it was the circuit board based upon my research. I have no problem with you confirming my research, but does that mean I have to pay $15-$20 to get an answer that doesn't fix my printer? Just confirming how it works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Autocorrect doesn't fix everything, except versus accept...