ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

We have a Ricoh CW2200 SP that can only print from a Thumb

Customer Question

We have a Ricoh CW2200 SP that can only print from a Thumb drive or SD card. Latest Driver is installed and when you send a file to the printer is shows on the screen, and the data light flashes and then it just disappears, tried PDF's and TIF files. This
is a network printer. Windows 10, but also had the same problems when I had windows 7 (64)
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
What size are the files you are trying to print?
Try printing a small text file and let me know if it prints.
Also try printing to a different printer from the same computer and let me know if it prints ok.
If you have any anti-virus software installed on the computer, try temporarily disabling it, then try printing to the Ricoh again and let me know if it prints ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,I tried really small files but still no luck, the computer prints to other printers and I disabled the firewall and anti virus and it still doesn't work.

Can any other computers print to the Ricoh?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at this time, my old computer could but I don't have that one anymore.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure if you saw my response yesterday morning but I haven't heard anything and I would like to get some help on this, However I am in the office from 7 to 5 and after that I would have to wait until the next day to try your solutions.